Sugar Free Slow Cooked BBQ Chicken
This is such an easy lean dinner recipe. The benefit of cooking in a slow cooker is that you just place all of the ingredients inside, without needing to check on your food until it’s ready. This recipe uses Walden Farms Spicy BBQ Sauce which has just 4.2 calories per serve!
- Quarter the onions and add together with the chicken drumsticks to a slow cooker;
- Pour over the Spicy BBQ sauce and water and set the slow cooker on high for at least 2 hours (ensure the chicken is cooked through - it should be easily removed from the bone;
- Roughly chop the zucchini and mushrooms and add to the slow cooker. Cook for a further 30 minutes;
- Remove the lid if needed for the last 10 minutes for the sauce to thicken;
- Serve the chicken drumsticks with seasonal salad.